We are going to dive in and take an in-depth look at this noise cancelling headphones from Sennheiser. Our Sennheiser noise cancelling headphone reviews is well researched and provides important information for intending buyers.
Built with Sennheiser’s NoiseGard active noise compensation system, Sennheiser PXC 450 NoiseGard Active Noise Cancelling Headphones cancel up to 4/5 of surrounding noise. They have a talk through function to filter unwanted noise. These headphones also have an integrated volume control system.
Comes with a detachable cable, a transport case, audio adapters for home and in-flight use, batteries and replaceable ear pads. The Sennheiser PXC 450 NoiseGard active noise cancelling headphones are also foldable and compact.
Sennheiser PXC 450 Standout Features:
The noise cancelling feature is not comparable with other top noise cancelling headphones. These headphones are passive at noise cancelling due to their tight fit and are just satisfactory in this regard. They do cancel noise but certainly not for the worker at the construction site or the DJ in a club. Compared side-by-side with Bose Quiet Comfort 15 which is one of the best noise cancelling headphones, Sennheiser PXC 450 somehow under performs in this department. If you are not going to have so much noise around you anyway, they would do just fine.
The Sennheiser PXC-450 headphones is built much better than a couple of other noise cancelling headphones especially as regards durability and comfort. Some quality differences can be notices in the battery compartment section, wire and ear cup cushion. The design is rugged and a fold-able construction with a user replaceable parts.
The strongest selling feature of these headphones is that they are really comfortable. The ear pads do not absorb heat or get moist no matter how long you’ve been wearing them. In describing the Sennheiser PXC 450 NoiseGard active noise cancelling headphones experience, users say ‘they are so comfy they almost melt into your ears’. The super comfort of this headphones has put it in the category of best noise cancelling headphones despite user review of below par noise cancelling ability.
Despite the noise cancelling weakness of the Sennheiser PXC 450 NoiseGard active noise cancelling headphones, they definitely produce clear life like sound and audiophiles still love them all the way. For this reason alone, they are one of the highest ranked headphones in this noise cancelling headphones review. Maybe not as a noise cancelling device, but if you are more particular about every note in every word in every song, then these headphones are perfect for you.
They run on one AAA battery and can last up to 16 hours.
- Audiophile sound experience on the move: outstanding sound quality thanks to adaptive baffle damping and patented Duofol diaphragm technology
- NoiseGard™ 2.0 active noise compensation provides best possible protection against ambient noise (up to 90.0%)
- Comfortable fit and high level of passive ambient noise attenuation thanks to circumaural ear pads and padded headband made of top quality materials
- TalkThrough function: for easy communication with the people around you while wearing the headphones
- Volume can be adjusted directly on the headphones
- Ideal for people on the move: comfortable, sturdy and foldable headphone design
- Audio transmission always works – even in passive mode and without the batteries
- Ideal for use with in-flight entertainment systems, MP3 players and all other portable and stationary audio equipment
- Top quality materials and replaceable ear pads and cable for long service life
- PXC 450 high-end travel headphone
- Transport Case
- 2 Audio Adapter (In-flight-Entertainment and 6,3 mm)
- 2 AAA batteries
- The talk through function that filters nearby conversations distinguishes the PXC 450 NoiseGard active noise cancelling headphones from other headphones.
- They can be used without batteries and audio still works.
- These headphones have an awesome sound output that is always crisp and clear.
- These headphones have been seen to produce some background noise when turned on in quiet places and are better enjoyed with the noise cancellation feature turned off in quiet environments.
- To enjoy using these headphones with an ipod, you will have to get a headphone amplifier.
- These headphones have a relatively short battery life.
- Great for home and personal use, just remember to have your spare batteries and I assure you, as far as this noise cancelling headphones review is concerned, that you will have no regrets at all.