Noise cancelling headphones for kids is an important investment when you place great value on your child’s hearing safety. If there was something coming in the way of their safety I bet you will do all you can to avert it? How vital is the hearing sense to a person? These are some of the questions many parents have to answer on a daily basis. Safeguarding your child’s ears is priority. This is why many are happy that they can invest in noise cancelling headphones for kids. They come customized for all ages even toddler noise cancelling headphones are available in the market. The rapid urbanization of our planet has increased every human to great level of noise hazard and pollution leaving us to improvise ways to ensure that if its nap time the baby can sleep well and uninterrupted through the use of noise cancelling headphones for babies. Sometimes the need for noise cancelling headphones for kids could emanate from your child’s love for music and you decide as a parent to throw in some extra feature for a much appreciated sound quality.
Noise cancelling have become quite popular in recent years (thanks in some ways to Beats by Dre.) but there is a major difference between noise cancelling headphones and ear muffs. Noise cancelling headphones make use of an active technology to diffuse and block out noise ear muffs make use of sound-deadening materials. Our review of the best ear muffs for kids can be found here.
Buyers Guide for Kids Noise Cancelling Headphones
When buying a noise cancelling headphone for your kid, there are some key factors every parent must be familiar with. The top 3 listed below;
- Age Appropriateness: When it comes to kids noise cancelling headphones you don’t just go for any available headphone. This is because not all headphones have been manufactured as kids’ noise cancelling headphones. The dangers are many and your responsibility as a parent is to ensure the safety of your child at all times. If you decide to use an adult headphone with cords instead of a baby noise cancelling headphones, you just might be putting your child in danger. The importance of age appropriate headphones cannot be overemphasized.
- Volume Level Control: The controls on noise canceling headphones for kids differ a bit and you are more in charge. The volumes an adult headphones have been designed for adults not babies. So what seems low to you might actually be high for their delicate ears. If they can access the controls they might end up raising the volumes to an unsafe level.Investing in the right devices for them will help a normal and uninterrupted listening moment. They will be more comfortable wearing something that has been designed with them in mind. Putting adult headphones on children is endangering their hearing. Keep in mind that the maximum noise level approved by most auditory health organizations is 85 decibels (dB) and therefore a child’s headphones should not be any higher.
- Comfort: Ensure you get a comfortable fit for their small heads. You will need a headphone that is effective in minimum noise leakage and also protects them from exterior sounds. This can be achieved when the headphones comfortably fits the head, covers the ear avoiding as little sound leakage as possible. It should also have a great and kid design that they can relate to easily. It should have a reliable volume limiter that will protect their sensitive and delicate ears at all times. Keep in mind that, despite the volume limited experts only recommend two hours of headphone use.
Other Kid’s Headphone Important Features
Most parents will agree that getting the perfect noise cancelling headphones for babies can be a hard task. You have to consider their young age and innocence that leads them to believe that everything should go in their mouth. Some of the features that make up the best noise cancelling headphones for kids include;
- Adjustability: Considering their young age you will agree that kids are very mobile therefore they need something that will adapt to their movements. It should easily blend with their activities and adjust to every angle that they place themselves in.
- Controls: The controls depending on their age should be easy to master and understand. If they are babies, then the parent should be able to operate the controls without any limitations especially when its infant noise cancelling headphones. Noise cancelling headphones for toddlers should not put too much control in the hands of a minor.
- Light-weight– Noise cancelling headphones for infants should be very light in weight. Any strain on their fragile bodies could have some consequences. Some babies will cry every time they have to wear it. This is why most manufacturers understand why weight matters a lot when it comes to noise cancelling headphones for baby.
Top 10 Noise Cancelling Headphones for Kids
|PRODUCT||NOISE PROTECTION TYPE||COLORS||OUR RATING|
|LilGadgets Untangled Pro||Noise Isolation||Black, Blue, Green, Pink, Purple, White||4.6/5|
|Califone 2810-TI Kids Headphones, Tiger Design||Noise Isolation||4.2/5|
|Kanen I39 Headphones with Mic||Noise Cancellation||Black, Green, Orange, Rosy||4.3/5|
|Ankit Noise Isolating Headphones||Noise Isolation||Pastel, Mint, Pink, Floral||4.1/5|
|BestGot Headphones with Microphone||Noise Isolation||Black/Blue, Black/Purple, Black/Red||4.4/5|
|Philips SHK2000PK/27 Kids Headphones||Noise Isolation||Pink, Blue||4.0/5|
|Gorsun Over Ear Headphones||Noise Isolation||Army Green/Silver, Black/Silver, Blue/Silver, Red/Silver||4.2/5|
|VCOM Over Ear Headphones for Kids||Noise Isolation||Green, Dark Blue, Multi Colored||3.7/5|
|Aita BT822 Foldable Headphones with Mic||Noise Isolation||Blue, Orange||3.5/5|
1. LilGadgets Untangled Pro Children’s Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
It is designed and recommended for children above the age of three. There is no risk of entanglement and the child has the freedom to move around. They offer the perfect comfort and will not strain the child in any way. They do not have access to the controls and only the parent can control the volume and content. They have a stylish design that will be embraced well by most kids. You can select from six different colors. It has a long battery life of up to 10-hours and 180-hour standby. It comes packed with a travel pouch and a USB charging cable. It also contains a 3.5mm audio cable as a backup with a detailed manual that is easy to use. It comes with a 1-year warranty.
2. Califone 2810-TI Kids Stereo and PC Headphones
The headphone has been designed with safety in mind. It has a straight cord set at a right angle so as to reduce any accidental pullouts. It has around-ear ambient noise-reducing ear cups intended for the reduction of any exterior noises. The ear cups are durable ABS plastic capable of withstanding daily use. This ensures that there is no need for increasing the volume and therefore protecting the ears. It has an adjustable headband which makes it comfortable to wear. The volume control is designed for different preferences. It is compatible with devices running on different platforms. It comes with a two-year warranty for school use. It has been especially designed for young students.
3. Kanen I39 Headphones with Mic and In-Line Volume Control
There are quite a number of good things to say about this headphones that it tough to know where to start. Sound quality is awesome A+. These headphones reminds you of the old fashion “break-the-bank” headphones with soft cushioned material covering the ears thereby isolating outside noise. You can be guaranteed to hear just every little nuance in your music. Kanen I39 Headphones with Mic is very portable (inward folding for easy packing) and lightweight making it very appropriate for kids.
It has an inline music control for pause/play, volume up/down, end/answer call. Does not have active noise cancellation device installed but does a good job isolation background noise except for really loud noise which can still be heard to some extent with the headphones on. If you have kids who complain about regular sized headphones and comfort. These is an headphone to get them. Kids really love it!
4. Ankit Noise Isolating Kids Colorful Headphones
Ankit Noise Isolating Headphones delivers pleasantly clear sound with bass and other essentials. This is an headphones you can confidently buy solely based on looks. For sure this is a pretty headphones that is appealing to kids especially females and even ladies in general. The headphone cups are over the ear with a cushioned material that makes wearing a comfort. Lightweight and can sit on the head of even a toddler.
If you are not so much into advanced audio requirement which I bet your kids are not then you should go for this headphones. One downside is there seem to be some level of sound leakage so when listening to a track at a very loud volume people around can hear it but like I said earlier, these headphones were designed for kids in mind so loud volume leakage is not much of a concern. For just about $30 you are getting a device that will surely deliver satisfaction and last a long time. Available in 4 pretty really girly colors.
5. Sound Intone 852 2015 New Stereo On-ear Headphones
One major up-sell for BestGot Headphones is its durability. It stands in the category of one of the toughest headphones for kids. The design is also unique with a stylish look common among many headphones made these days. BestGot Headphones can skip tracks, adjust volume and make use of the microphone when on a PC or other recording devices. Sits comfortably well on the head and ears of kid and weight should not be a problem.
The audio jack is detachable from the headphone which makes it easily replaceable when damaged. Sound quality is impressive, can also be used by adults alike. Headphones has a microphone and delivered with a waterproof bag for easy carry around especially when folded. Yes, the headphones is fold-able inwards.