I believe you will agree with me when I say:
The importance of kids uninterrupted entertainment and hearing safety cannot be over emphasized.
Getting your child the best noise cancelling headphones is an important investment when you place great value on your child’s hearing safety and also need them to enjoy some level on uninterrupted entertainment in crowded places. If you are a parent and a frequent flyer, sure you can relate with the importance of these devices when flying long distance on a crowed plane.
Kids noise cancelling headphones are very effective putting the in the category of some of the best noise cancelling headphones available. Sometimes the need for noise cancelling headphones for kids could emanate from your child’s love for music and you decide as a parent to throw in some extra feature for a much appreciated sound quality.
Top 6 Baby Headphones and Noise Cancelling Headphones for Kids
|PRODUCT||NOISE PROTECTION TYPE|
|LilGadgets Untangled Pro||Noise Isolation|
|iClever BoostCare||Noise Cancellation|
|Sount Intone||Noise Isolation|
|Kanen I39 Headphones||Noise Cancellation|
|Ankit Noise Isolating Headphones||Noise Isolation|
|BestGot Headphones with Microphone||Noise Isolation|
Top 6 Kids Noise Cancelling Headphones Review
1. LilGadgets Untangled Pro – Most Loved Headphones by Moms
As the name implies, Lilgadget is a company dedicated to making quality audio and entertainment devices for kids. Lilgadget Untangle Pro Bluetooth headphones is their flagship headphone meant for kids aged 4+. Though the product website indicates age 4+, it has been confirmed that most kids age 2-3years can fit into these headphones also.
A crucial design concept for the headphones was to eliminate the use of wires in other to ensure kids safety and also give them the freedom to move around while using the headphone. Lilgadget Untangle Pro Bluetooth headphones is beautiful and would catch the attention of most kids.
They have a stylish design that will be embraced well by most kids. You can select from six different colors. It has a long battery life of up to 10-hours and 180-hour standby. It comes packed with a travel pouch and a USB charging cable. It also contains a 3.5mm audio cable as a backup with a detailed manual that is easy to use. It comes with a 1-year warranty.
2. iClever BoostCare Wired Headphones – Creative Beautiful Themes
iClever BoostCare Wired Headphones are absolutely adorable. These kids headphones come in 3 different themes (Reindeer, Batman, Pig). These iClever BoostCare headphones are great gifts for kids.
The Reindeer variation is Christmas theme in red and white with a antlers attachment on the top of the headphones. The headphones are inexpensive for the quality.
The overhead hardware of the headphones are extendable to suite various head sizes. The headphones are kid safe not able to go beyond medically approved noise level of 85 decibels at maximum volume.
Comfortably fits a 2 year old to kids above 6 years. Though head size might be an individual factor here.
3. Sound Intone Foldable Headphones – Good Quality for a Great Price
If you have been around the headphones market, it is quite obvious Sound Intone is not a popular brand. In a market dominated by strange brand loyalty, this put product quality and credibility above any form of loyalty. This headphones are recommended for kids age 5+ mainly due to sizing.
Sound Intone headphones combines a number of things, great sound quality, beauty and mobility. This headphones are suitable for both kids and adults. If you want a matching headphones with your kids, this is a solid recommendation. Its passive noise isolation feature does a decent job at keeping external noise out. The design is foldable which makes it easy to pack and get on the go.
No doubt, sound quality is great, bass, treble or anything you throw at it, it performs above its price tag. Sadly it is not wireless/bluetooth so you have to make do with the old styled 3.5mm plug with in line control to pause/play songs and also answer phone if used by an adult.
4. Kanen I39 Headphones – Cute Durable Headphones
There are quite a number of good things to say about this headphones. Sound quality is awesome A+. These headphones reminds you of the old fashion “break-the-bank” headphones with soft cushioned material covering the ears thereby isolating outside noise. Kanen I39 Headphones with Mic is very portable (inward folding for easy packing) and lightweight making it very comfortable and appropriate for kids. You can be guaranteed to hear just every little nuance in your music.
It has an inline music control for pause/play, volume up/down, end/answer call. Does not have active noise cancellation device installed but does a good job isolation background noise except for really loud noise which can still be heard to some extent with the headphones on. Pretty decent passive noise cancellation. If you have kids who complain about regular sized headphones and comfort. These is an headphone to get them. Kids really love it!
This is also another headphones suitable for both kids and adult. The headphone is adjustable to fix just about any head/ear size. The ear pads are soft and comfortable protecting kids ear from discomfort after having it on for a long time. Though firm and fit on the head, the chances of discomfort is slim.
5. Ankit Noise Isolating Headphones – Modern and Stylish Design
Ankit is an home and tech. gadget design company. They are the makers of Ankit headphones and earphones and a host of other products. These headphones are a must have fashion accessory. Ankit Noise Isolating Headphones delivers pleasantly clear sound with bass and other essentials. This is an headphones you can confidently buy solely based on looks
For sure this is a pretty headphones that is appealing to kids especially females and even ladies in general. The headphone cups are over the ear with a cushioned material that makes wearing a comfort. Lightweight and can sit on the head of even a toddler.
If you are not so much into advanced audio requirement which I bet your kids are not then you should go for this headphones. One downside is there seem to be some level of sound leakage so when listening to a track at a very loud volume people around can hear it but like I said earlier, these headphones were designed for kids in mind so loud volume leakage is not much of a concern. For a decent price you are getting a device that will surely deliver satisfaction and last a long time.
6. BestGot Kids Headphones – Durable Headphones for Kids
One major up-sell for BestGot Headphones is its durability. It stands in the category of one of the toughest headphones for kids. The design is also unique with a stylish look common among many headphones made these days. BestGot Headphones can skip tracks, adjust volume and make use of the microphone when on a PC or other devices. Sits comfortably well on the head and ears of kid and weight should not be a problem.
The audio jack is detachable from the headphone which makes it easily replaceable when damaged. Sound quality is impressive, can also be used by adults alike. Headphones has a microphone and delivered with a waterproof bag for easy carry around especially when folded. Yes, the headphones is fold-able inwards.
The headphones fits a broad range of age range of kids (3 years above) and can be used by adults too. It can be folded and tucked into its carrying case if you need to travel with the headphones.
Baby Noise Cancelling Headphones Buyer’s Guide
When buying a noise cancelling headphone for your babies or any headphone at all for your baby, there are some key factors parents must be familiar with. The top 3 listed below;
- Age Appropriateness: When it comes to kids noise cancelling headphones you don’t just go for any available headphone. This is because not all headphones have been manufactured as kids’ noise cancelling headphones. The dangers are many and your responsibility as a parent is to ensure the safety of your child at all times. If you decide to use an adult headphone with cords instead of a baby noise cancelling headphones, you just might be putting your child in danger. The importance of age appropriate headphones cannot be overemphasized.
- Volume Level Control: The controls on noise canceling headphones for kids differ a bit and you are more in charge. The volumes an adult headphones have been designed for adults not babies. So what seems low to you might actually be high for their delicate ears. If they can access the controls they might end up raising the volumes to an unsafe level.Investing in the right devices for them will help a normal and uninterrupted listening moment. They will be more comfortable wearing something that has been designed with them in mind. Putting adult headphones on children is endangering their hearing. Keep in mind that the maximum noise level approved by most auditory health organizations is 85 decibels (dB) and therefore a child’s headphones should not be any higher.
- Comfort: Ensure you get a comfortable fit for their small heads. You will need a headphone that is effective in minimum noise leakage and also protects them from exterior sounds. This can be achieved when the headphones comfortably fits the head, covers the ear avoiding as little sound leakage as possible. It should also have a great and kid design that they can relate to easily. It should have a reliable volume limiter that will protect their sensitive and delicate ears at all times. Keep in mind that, despite the volume limited experts only recommend two hours of headphone use.
Other Important Features Of Noise Cancelling Headphones For Babies
Most parents will agree that getting the perfect noise cancelling headphones for babies can be a hard task. You have to consider their young age and innocence that leads them to believe that everything should go in their mouth. Some of the features that make up the best noise cancelling headphones for kids include;
- Adjustability: Considering their young age you will agree that kids are very mobile therefore they need something that will adapt to their movements. It should easily blend with their activities and adjust to every angle that they place themselves in.
- Controls: The controls depending on their age should be easy to master and understand. If they are babies, then the parent should be able to operate the controls without any limitations especially when its infant noise cancelling headphones. Noise cancelling headphones for toddlers should not put too much control in the hands of a minor.
- Light-weight– Noise cancelling headphones for infants should be very light in weight. Any strain on their fragile bodies could have some consequences. Some babies will cry every time they have to wear it. This is why most manufacturers understand why weight matters a lot when it comes to noise cancelling headphones for baby.
Where to Use Infant and Baby Noise Cancelling Headphones
In a world where noise pollution is emerging as the leading environmental nuisance (WHO), the need for noise cancellation/isolation has become a necessity. Noise cancelling headphones are just gadget trying to keep people safe in the midst of several other devices available for noise cancellation. Especially for our babies and kids, certain precautionary steps need to be taken to protect their fragile ears form the hazard excessive noise exposure can cause. Though it is impossible to have them wear these devices all day, so we need to know where or when is it important to have an infant or baby noise cancelling headphones handy;
- Sports stadium
- Music concert
- Industrial plants
- Loud parties
- Construction sites
- Firing range
Noise Cancelling Headphones for Toddlers vs Loud Sports Arena
Noise cancelling headphone for toddlers are beyond winter or fashion statements as commonly seen on babies during Super Bowl or similar events. What we see that looks like headphone on these babies in the arena are actually low-tech cheap earmuffs for babies. This device protects the the toddlers ears from those roaring noise at the stadium.
Specialists have advises that protection is important for these young ears in our current noise polluted planet. Hearing loss is irreversible and the problems accumulates over time.
If a child a times one to two events over a long period of time is not so much of a big deal. But for the kids who will be visiting sports arena frequently throughout their lives, this is in fact a big deal. Their young and fragile ears cannot stand these damages. Remember hearing loss is irreversible, so protect their ears while you can now.